Useful web sites for parents - Click the link and it will take you to the website.
- ASB Bank resources for parent to teach their children about financial literacy at home. http://www.getwise.co.nz/parent-resources/.
- ASB Getwise with money - Financial literacy - https://www.asb.co.nz/banking-with-asb/financial-literacy-get-wise.html#getwise-at-home
- Education Review Office
The government department which reports publicly on the quality of education in all New Zealand schools and early childhood centres.
- Government Portal
Find information and services provided by New Zealand government organisations, local council and some community organisations
- Ministry of Education
This is the official site of the Ministry of Education (MOE) it has important information for anyone involved in the education scene in New Zealand. They also run a secondary site called Te Kete Ipurangi (TKI) which is primarily a learning resource centre.
- Team Up Assessment Information for Parents and Whanau
This is where you'll find information about assessment for learning, assessment used in schools, how to find out how your children are progressing, and how you can help them at home.
A bilingual portal-plus web community which provides quality assured educational material for New Zealand teachers, school managers, and the wider education community
- TKI - For Parents
Parents are partners in the learning journey of their children. The Ministry of Education has a range of materials and information for parents to assist them to work in partnership with their local education centres and schools. The following links provide information and materials that may be of interest to parents.
- Team Up
Team up with your kids, their teachers and your whÄnau to encourage and support your kids as they learn. Research shows it makes a big difference to their future.
- Family and Community Services
Family and Community Services works with other government and non-government agencies, and communities to give families access to information and coordinated social services
- New Zealand Maths - Families
New Zealand Maths - Web site for families - for a large selection of activities that you can try at home to help develop your child's number knowledge.
- KidsLink /files/bf500ac8492d1e19/folders/103/KidsLink_Website_Badge.pdf
- About Bullying http://www.bullyingfree.nz/
This website gives the definitions about what bullying is and other tips for parents and students. Our school works hard to discourage bullying and we are always talking to students about their actions and the choices they make. Please go to this website to find out about how you can assist your child about how not to be a target and how to tell on those who are making them afraid.
- All Right? http://www.allright.org.nz/tools/parents/
This website provides assistance for parents in helping with their child's wellbeing. Well worth having a look at and it.
A website that encourages mindfulness and movement while on screen.
- Drug prevention Information for parents. https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/parents/
- This link is for the parents of our year 7 and 8 students.